Fafnir Shaft Guard
Timken® Shaft Guarding TechnologyTM is designed to exceed gripping application requirements, maintain dimensional integrity and reduce fretting corrosion on ball housed units.
Better than traditional products that rely on set screws that dig into the shaft to maintain grip, this Timken solution transfers the pressure of the set screws through a stainless steel, hardened band. This absorbs the problems encountered from relative motion typically associated with set screw products. The stainless band is designed not to corrode on the shaft.
Shaft Guarding Technology locks to the shaft like a traditional set screw,
but with more benefits:
• Offers faster and easier installation and removal
• Reduces number of shaft replacements
• Minimizes shaft preparation
• Decreases system costs
Design features and advantages
• Two set screws and nylon patch at 90-degree separation provide strong holding capability with minimal distortion.
• Groove running beneath the set screws in inner ring bore keeps the band in place.
• Hardened stainless steel band helps protect the shaft from damage
• Wider inner ring along the shaft improves shaft support and reduces bearing misalignment. Complies with standards of the American Bearings Manufacturers Association
• Timken thin-dense chrome optional
• Seal options include three-piece “R” seal for normal-to-high contamination environments and “L” seal for higher speeds and temperatures
• Choice of housing configurations
- Rubber and plastic
- Forest products
- Paper, tissue, newsprint, fine paper
- Industrial machinery
- Fans and blowers
- Canning and bottling
- Food processing
- Printing presses