Addax Cooling Tower Coupling
Instructions to Page Editor Source from – \Google Drive\M Drive\Common Document Center\Technical Details\Brands\REXNORD\Products\Couplings
About Coupling (Sub-brand of Rexnord)
Rexnord is a pioneer in design and manufacture of Cooling Tower Couplings for over a century. Rexnord offers Addax® and Thomas® products for Cooling Tower Coupling applications. Floating Shaft Cooling Tower Couplings are used to connect units which are relatively far apart. Such arrangements are particularly suited to transmit power into areas where moisture, dust or corrosive conditions would adversely affect the driving machinery.
Rexnord Cooling Tower Composite Couplings are designed and manufactured specifically for Cooling Tower applications. Performance ratings and materials of construction are in accordance with the Cooling Tower (CT) Institute Standards and specifications.
Rexnord Cooling Tower Couplings are also offered in various options for materials of construction like Zinc-plated or All Stainless Steel. Thomas TSN-CT and SN couplings may be applied with a 1.5 service factor. Composite Floating Shaft Colling Tower Couplings can also be utilized to provide lighter weight, longer spans or higher speeds than can be achieved with steel tubes.
Rexnord Addax , Rexnord pioneered and introduced the first advanced composite couplings to the cooling tower industry in 1987. With over 50 000 Rexnord Addax® composite couplings installed on every continent around the world over the past 25 years, Rexnord has the most experience of any composite cooling tower manufacturer. The Rexnord Addax Composite Cooling Tower Coupling delivers the best
value for the cooling tower industry by providing excellent features such as corrosion resistance, high-misalignment capacity, excellent fatigue resistance, low weight and ease of installation.
Design Attributes & Advantages
• Corrosion-resistant center member, flex element, hub and hardware lowering the cost of ownership and extending service life
• Low weight allowing easy installation
• High strength to weight ratio providing reduced vibration
• Low coefficient of thermal expansion giving dimensional stability and reduced stresses
• Continuous fiber composite spacer flange resulting in infinite fatigue life and low cost of ownership
• Unitized flex element and high misalignment capacity for reduced maintenance
Selection / Nomenclature
1) Cooling Tower Fan Drives
2) Cooling Tower Drive Shafts
3) Paper Machine Drives
4) Printing Presses
5) Tunnel Exhaust Fans
6) Combustion Fans
7) Vertical Pumps