Autogard Torque Limiters
Torque Limiters continue to be the backbone of our company. With our recent development of new and innovative products, Autogard has reinforced its position as a market leader in torque limiters, power transmission couplings and electronic torque monitoring equipment.
Autogard Torque Limiters have led the industry in overload protection, providing proven reliability, dependable expertise and a broad range of options. Ideal for nearly every application from light-duty to heavy-duty and specially engineered environments, our torque limiters offer bi-directional protection and lower total cost of ownership, increased accuracy of torque limitation and longer life at high speeds. Our products cover a full range of torque requirements
Design Attributes & Advantages
- Fast and easy to disconnect motor and gearbox by removing the flexible warp element for machine maintenance
- Instantaneous separation of damaging inertia’s over a preset torque level
- Drop-out options available on all sizes for ease of installation and maintenance
- Free running after torque overload
- Manual reset without the need of special tooling or replacement part
- Easy to adjust on site and possible to tamper proof the setting
Sizes & Selection / Nomenclature
▪ Very accurate set torque and repeatability
▪ Wide adjustment range with true rolling disengagement
▪ Torques to 8500Nm, Bore sizes to 102mm
▪ Compact, backlash free and automatic reset after overload
▪ Free running, manual reset version available
▪ Plated & stainless steel versions for wash down duties
▪ Torques to 1500Nm, Bore sizes up to 65mm
Series 400 Torque Limiter
▪ Unique freewheeling mechanism for high speed disengagement, with automatic reverse to reset feature.
▪ Bi-directional operation, at high or low speeds.
▪ Typically used in motor speed applications or where remote reset is required,
e.g. extruders, test beds, pump drives, heavy plant and equipment.
Torques up to 56,000 Nm
Bore sizes up to 178 mm
Series 600 Torque Limiter
▪ Pneumatically controlled, combined torque limiter and disengaging clutch which is adjustable “in-motion”.
▪ A higher “Starting” torque can be transmitted to accelerate the machine, dropping to a lower “Running” torque once up to speed.
▪ Used widely in the printing / paper finishing industry, and automatic assembly and packaging machinery.
Torques up to 20,000 Nm
Bore sizes up to 150 mm
Series 800 Torque Limiter
▪ Designed to meet the needs of heavy industry for high torque, high and low speed torque limitation. Modular design for enhanced flexibility. Supplied in a range of coupling and drive media options.
▪ Instant and complete disengagement of the driving and driven inertias
ensuring optimum protection. Easy to reset.
Limitless Torque capability.